Wednesday, March 8, 2023

What is going to be said

 Script 

We finally got a draft of the script for the short film. The script is shorter than needed cause we are going to incorporate some improve acting in our film given that most of our actors are beginner actors. We felt it would be more natural to allow them to improve than learn lines for the whole short film.  Our script still reflects important scenes we want to include in our short film, but they aren't enough to fulfill the 5 min. 

SCRIPT:

Coach: Now that you're on the beam I want you to do a backward kick, I want the dismount to be clean girls, toes pointed arms straight  

Girls stand in line and perform the stunt (the main girl does it perfectly everyone else has flaws) 

Other classmates look annoyed at the girl

Coach: Well done ______, guys look at how she kept her toes pointed and core tight, that's how everyone should be doing the kick. Now I need everyone to practice this skill for the next 10 min

Girls go into their own groups, the main girl goes with her two friends

Friend 1: Hey that was super good, how did you get the kick down so quick 

Friend 2: yeah Please show me how, I can’t keep my arms straight while I'm in the air 

Main Girl: I don't know I guess I'm just naturally good at gymnastics  

Main Girl: Gymnastics is so fun and easy, I love it 

The girl says easy, very excited about being there and being good 


~Transition~ 


Coach: Girls I need you guys to be looking better, this is not good enough for competition,  

The coach privately talks to the girl during practice 

Coach: I'll suggest you stay after practice, and practice your technique, for competitions because right now you're not good enough 

Main girl: Okay I get it 

Looking at a professional gymnastic  

Main Girl: Why can't I do that 

Main Girl: Why am I not good enough 

Looking back at herself in videos 

Main Girl: This is not good enough, I hate it  


In the car  

Main Girl: I can’t keep coming to gymnastics anymore 

Mother: You have to keep going, look how far you have gotten 

Main girl: But it's gotten harder, I can't get the routines right 

Mother: You just need to practice more, you can’t quit over that, it's a dumb reason 

Main girl: It's not only that- 

Mother: Stop, you aren't leaving gymnastics, I've paid too much for you not to continue, come on you're going to be late. 


~Transitions~

The main girl tries techniques over and over again, and after so much, she stops and becomes sad about her failures 

Coach: Hey, what are you still doing here, we ended practice two hours ago… do you need a ride home

Main girl: No I am fine thanks, I've been trying to get the new technique down, but I haven't been able to 

Coach: I understand, your legs were not straight enough during practice. I expect you to be better at this, you were the best when you started, what happened 

Main Girl: I promise, ill be perfect for the competition. 

Coach: You better if not you're out of the team.  


Main girl: I can't do this anymore



<33

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 Project components   Here is teh following is link toThank every component of our project, short film, print component, and a link for a so...