Wednesday, February 23, 2022

What is the perfect song

 Hey guys, so for my project, as stated in some blogs previously, I want to incorporate a song for the majority of my opening. I feel like songs are such a clever way to tell the audience something, without directly telling them. Music, mise-en-scene, and costume are very similar this way, though it's auditory. I truly believe that a song can tell a story, and I want to do just that. 

I have been mainly looking for songs from an era with a specific aesthetic. These will be old-fashioned songs between the 40s-60s that give off the vibe of slow dancing with your soulmate. I actually got this idea, because recently I have been obsessing over songs from this era and listening to playlists that have songs like such, so much that it surprised my dad. 

One of the songs that will fit in my opening is "Only you (and you alone)" by The Platters. The first time I heard this song, I was amazed by the vocals of the main singer, it was really something we don't hear anymore. I find this song a good candidate for this role because of its simplicity. In the song, the main thing you hear is his vocals, it's either the background or the main singers. Though in the song the artists do use a saxophone, piano, and drums, they don't take away the attention from the vocals. They actually add to the richness and power that the singers are giving in the song. I really like how everything comes together to create a magnificent sing. This was one of the first options for me while I was researching. With this song, I can actually imagine how the whole opening will play out, how the characters would be dancing to it, basically how everything would look with this song playing. I feel like The Platters have many other options I could hope to use like "Smoke gets in your eyes" and "I love you yes I do". I really enjoy the simplicity that this group has in their songs and the old-fashion vibes the voices give.

Another song that I think will work for my film is "And I love you so" by Don Mclean. I really love the simple guitar that's throughout the song. I feel like it makes the whole song more romantic than it already is. Also, the guitar with the (I think it is) violin, just makes the song so simple and enjoyable, it almost feels soft. And on top of all the voice of the singer ties it all up, he like a bow in a present, very lovely and pretty. (It is less likely that I would be able to use this song given that Don Mclean is still alive, given that I would need to write to him to ask for permission.) 

I still have to research if I can even use these songs given that they could be owned by someone or a company. Nevertheless, I wanted to share the vibe I am going for. 

<33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 Project components   Here is teh following is link toThank every component of our project, short film, print component, and a link for a so...