Saturday, February 18, 2023

Inspo for the look of short film

Colors and Production 

Hey guys, so I have been thinking about how the short film would look, thinking about all the past films I watched and there were a few that I felt had a feel/ aesthetic I would like to show in my piece. the two that really stuck out to me were Black Swan and The Grand Budapest Hotel. I really love the look of both movies, though they are very different in themes, and aesthetics the way that each director made the movie feel through their use of color and effects inspires me for the look of my short film. 

 As for black swan my group and me really like how the director shows the people's extreme obsession with the main character through the acting, makeup, colors, etc. I really want to focus on those elements in the short film so not only are we expressing the characters' emotions through their script but also through mise-en-scene. Most of the options we are in between with have some sort of obsession them. Furthermore, focusing on those aspects could also help if the actor we have isn’t the best at expressing believable emotions on screen. Having a fully develop mise-en-scene would help this problem. 

Another thing I noted about the movie is the color scheme that is kept all throughout to express the deep themes discussed in the movie. The cool tones used throughout the movie show the mellow, extreme feelings that the character experiences throughout the film. The way that obsession and mental health is shown through the movie is something I’m inspired by and want to show in my piece. 

I have an overall idea of what I want the short film to look like. I really want to focus on the aesthetic of the visuals of the film. I want to make sure we pick a color specific to the theme and/or character and emphasize it throughout the short film.  Also playing with different colors and their symbolism. I want to take inspiration from Wes Anderson's films in how he intensifies colors in his films, through clothing and mise-en-scene. By doing this he creates an immediate association with colors and his films. For example, how red, purple, and pink are associated with The Grand Budapest Hotel.




<33 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 Project components   Here is teh following is link toThank every component of our project, short film, print component, and a link for a so...