Thursday, February 16, 2023

Researching for inspo Pt.1

Watching other projects 

Hey guys,  I've recently started researching for more inspiration on what to do for the short film. I started to go through projects from the Aice media class on Ms.Stolkosa's Website. I was curious to see what others have done when producing a short film. Even though there are only a few options of what I could watch, and fewer that are good, I was able to note what to do and not to do when producing, editing, and planning my short film. I went through last year's projects (2021-2022), some from the year before (2020-2021), and the year before that (2019-2020) however when watching the previous years I took note of the pandemic and how it would've affected the production of many of these projects.

By watching the previous year's projects I was able to make a list of my do's and don'ts from the way that others made their own short film. I watched a handful of short films done in previous years and while watching I took some notes on my computer about the things I liked/ will try to do in mine and the things that didn't go well. 

Notes 

For Script 

Something I'll take note of is the script many of these people produced for their films. For our short film we want to make a piece that is relatable to its audience and at the same time leave them with a lesson. For this, our main concern is to make the script for the short film reflect the speech of the target audience, which I noted many of the projects doing. All of our options for the short film we have are mostly targeted toward teens/ younger adults, meaning well include slang words, sarcasm, etc. which are features common in teen speech. Additionally, will try and play into the language in relation to identity so specific lexis that connect with the character's traits (which will be chosen later on). 

For Production  

I noticed not many of the projects I watched played with lights, they instead used filters in post-production when trying to achieve a certain vibe. I personally didn't like the way many of them used the filters, given that the color chosen was usually overpowering the scenes, leaving the audience focusing on the color but not the actual content. For my production, I would like to go against using filters and instead get lightbulbs or/and objects when trying to emphasize color in a scene. I feel like this way is more subtle for the audience when watching the short film. 

For mise-en-scene 

Tying in with the previous notes, for the project one of my goals is for anything that would be in the frame, and have a meaning to the plot or the characters. For example, creating color palettes for each character and sticking to them throughout the whole production, with this we could place small objects in the background that would be associated with each of the characters through their colors. 

For Editing 

In most of the short films, I watched the editing was kept to a minimum. Most didn't have many special effects in their final products. if they did use more 'advanced' editing is to add filters to scenes. I am pretty sure my group would be utilizing similar traits as most of us have a basic- intermediate knowledge of editing. Furthermore, the simple editing will allow our film to appear more relatable to its target audience which is one of our main goals. 

For sound 

Something that was very prominent in the project I saw was sound. If it either was sound effects or scores, the way the people used sound inspired me to include meaningful soundtracks in the production. Utilizing songs in products is a easier way to set the mood in specific scenes, and watching it being used in various projects showed me the necessity of this feature in short films. Given this, I definitely want to try and include a song from an artist or from the public domain in the scene of our short film. 

<33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 Project components   Here is teh following is link toThank every component of our project, short film, print component, and a link for a so...