Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Reflecting and reminiscing about Tear of Jupiter

 Hey, guys am back! The last time I posted about my marketing project. At that time I was mid-way through completing the project. Now that I finished it I want to talk more about the filming progress, presenting, and overall reflect on the whole experience.  


Okay so last time I posted, I told yall I was going to start filming, but before actually going to the locations me and my group had to brainstorm “what would be the best places to film, that are in our area”. According to our story idea, we needed a forest-looking trail, an office, somewhere to film promotional shots, a restaurant scenery, and a plaza. Weston is FILLED with places that we could use given is a developed city with many parking lots and parks. 

I don't know why but we started with the ending scene and later proceeded with the others. For the end is where the park would come along. We originally thought to go to go to Vista Park but realized it didn't have enough trees, just lots of hills. Then Markham park became our next option, I think this would've been a good place to film cause the park has a trail after the dog park that makes you feel like you are in a forest. We probably didn't go to Markham because it's crowded most days. So we finally landed on Reginal Park, though at first glance it doesn't seem like a park that looks like a forest, like at all, behind the bushes their secret trails that lead to Foresty locations. 


We had one location down, we had the rest to think about. So Weston is full of offices we could use, with the permission of the owner. But we wanted someplace where everything was in the same place. TOWN CENTER, of course, we have numerous restaurants, offices and cool scenery we could film with, all we had to do was be nice and ask politely. 


We had it set, we would film Friday after school in Reginal (so we could get golden hour lighting) and Sunday after 1 in the Town center 

Friday comes and we all meet up at 5 in Reginal Park. I thought that we were going to go behind the soccer fields given that there's a very small “path” where we have lots of trees,  but no others members knew a better place. Behind the bushes that were after the soccer fields, there was a gigantic reserve of the everglades with a LONG trail I never knew about. I was so surprised this gigantic trail was there and I didn't know about it. This was such a better scenery given that it was more greenery and it was alone. My group was a little concerned we would find a snake or alligator, but anything for the shot. 


The first time filming was an experience. Balthazar was the only guy so he clearly had to play the main role were as the girl role, though we had other options, it was only fit for me, which I didn't mind. Though my acting skills aren't something I am super proud of, I feel like our acting in the video is TOTALLY Oscar-worthy(;D). 


The next day was filming in the Town center, which was very eventful. For starters, we were asked multiple times if we were a real band given that we were carrying around two guitars. Some lady even though we were performers. 

So we started with all our promotional shots, from single shots to group shots to singing shots, everything was done in the small stadium the Town center has in front of a restaurant, so many people were watching us. To make the shots entertaining we all had to come together to make angles and movements so the audience would get bored. For example a transitional shot from Bianca and Balthazar singing to me and Danila playing the guitar (i love that shot). 


After we were done we got our guitars and started to walk around to find an office we could film our starting shots in. We look everywhere but because it was Saturday most were closed, we even looked in a therapist's office, but sadly they were under construction. We went to our last choice which was a restaurant. We asked very nicely and understanding if we could film inside (Ms. Stolkosa would be proud) in an area away from customers and they allowed us, even offered water.  


After we finished filming we realized that what we had didn't make sense from an outsider's view. We were utterly desperate to find a way to make everything flow smoothly. Brainstorm together something we could film in the same place so everything doesn't go to waste. We were stressed for a minute there until we came up with the idea that the male and female characters should have a fight, which will be the climax, after that is the guy trying to get her back. 


We were finally done with filming, Hurray! Now comes the editing, which Balthazar offered to do. The editing wouldn't be too hard it was just putting the clips which I feel like he really did a good job in getting a nice project in 2 days. 


Now it was time for the representation, a day some of us were dreading and others were excited for. We decided to divide the slides for 5 for each so it seems like we all worked together and had an equal amount of participation in the project. But we kept in mind which one did what so it would be easy to present. Also, we all practiced on our own, and never together because we didn't have time, though I wish we did. 


Before we presented we watched some presentations the day before, which made us double think about our project. The main reason was that most groups it was one person that completed the video. It felt as if the team didn't work as a whole. Even after watching it all, it felt as we were the only group out in a public area to film, which we found weird. 


Presenting the whole project was nerve-wracking for some members. Personally, I was a little nervous which made me mumble my words a little and sometimes just talk about anything (which luckily didn't happen) or forget what I had to say (which also didn't happen), I felt as if I was talking way too fast for presenting. But it seemed as if my fellow classmates didn't notice which I found as a complete relief. Apparently, me practicing in my bedroom in front of my dog actually helped. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 Project components   Here is teh following is link toThank every component of our project, short film, print component, and a link for a so...