Monday, March 28, 2022

Finding Fonts is a whole adventure

 Hey, guys so me and my partner a few weeks ago pick the type of font we wanted to use for the credits. Though there were no specifics we knew we wanted a cursive font. This pick was a little before we started filming, a little early I know, but we were going through the different fonts for the distribution credits that we decided to kill two birds with one stone and also look for the credits font style.  

For the distribution credit, we were using Canva and we actually stumbled through one font that could actually, work Amsterdam Two. It was perfect, given that it was readable (sometimes cursive fonts are really hard to read because they put the letters way too close to each other) and pretty. So I saved the name in my notes and went by to complete the video. 

We really wanted a cursive font for the credits so it gives the whole opening a more classical romantic look. Contradicting the themes of the overall opening but showing that the Film will have some romance in it. Additionally, it fits the personality of our main characters given that they are very old-fashioned, with their music and old speakers. 

Finally, it came time to put the credits into the final video, which I was doing through Adobe premier. So I opened the font drop-down in Adobe premier pro, looking for Amsterdam two. after a few scrolls, it hit me that the font I am searching for isn't going to be in premier because I found it in canvas (facepalm). Looking back I have no idea why I saved a name of a font in Canva even though I knew I wanted to edit through premier. 

So I went back through the selection of cursive fonts that adobe Premier Pro had, which were honestly very few, surprisingly. Each one I clicked wasn't good enough for the theme I was trying to get through the fonts, either too bold, too straight, or overall looked basic. I was disappointed and left with no Fonts, so as any other desperate person I reached out to my friend for help. 

She has already done this project, so she was able to guide me to the Adobe fonts website where I was finally able to find numerous fonts, specifically cursive. after searching for 9 pages of fonts I had 6 options of fonts and added them to the editing software 

As my luck has it half of the fonts didn't look like they originally looked on the website while the other half didn't fit the aesthetic I was looking for. I was left with no fonts and back to searching. I opened Adobe Fonts to their cursive font and found La Bohemienne. I have no idea how I missed it the first time around because it was one of the first ones on the list. Nevertheless, as soon as a added it to the opening it was a perfect match. Plus it was readable and pretty just like our beloved Amsterdam two, though honestly, it was better than our first choice. 


<33



No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 Project components   Here is teh following is link toThank every component of our project, short film, print component, and a link for a so...