Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Filming pt2 +some BTS


Though I had already filmed with my parents, I had a small feeling that I still had to film with my original choice for the actors. A small notion telling me I had to film with my original choice, that it would be different and better, which were right. 

They ended up having better chemistry in front of the camera than my parents, I feel like you can feel their love through the screen in some clips. Also, the husband's actor had better facial expression than my dad, he even did dome improve in some of the lines. My original Actros basically felt more comfortable being in front of a camera than my dad and mom, given that they both had experience and connection in the film industry. 

My actor arrived at my house around 6:30 excited to be the actors to my film, they even brought different costume decisions because we weren't able to meet face to face prior to filming. They also wanted to learn more about their character, like what are they like, etc. to really get ready to play them. Soon they had what they had to do down and were ready to film. 

Well after eating my mom's food and catching up with my parents they were ready. I didn't mind, I actually needed them to take their time, given that when they arrive it was still light outside, and I needed the sun to be setting, almost dark, to have the perfect lighting. The darker lighting I feel gives a more evil, scary, mysterious aesthetic to the opening which was exactly what I was aiming for. 

For costume, she wore a white lacy dress with a yarn sweater over it, which weirdly really fit the vibe I was going for. My original idea wasn't any lace nor a sweater, though I did want white in the dress, so we could show that the wife wasn't meant to die. The dress also gave a mature but stylist vibe which I was surprised her dress actually worked. 

For the guy's costume design it was way simpler a dress shirt with jeans, something he didn't usually wear but had. The goal for his costume was to make him seem like a middle-aged dad, which even though our actor isn't, he was able to fit become one for the film. 

Filming was a breeze for many reasons. Firstly, I already knew what I had to do, what shots look best, what shots I have to remember, which ones I don't need. I was even more comfortable having the role of the director now that I got some practice with my parents. Secondly, the woman in my film work in the entertainment industry (not sure what she exactly does but I know she edits and creates shorts), this helped her be more confident in front of the camera, which helped her husband be better too. 

As I said before they really had better on-camera chemistry than my parents, literally as soon as I started playing the music I would use in my opening, they rapidly started romantically slow-dancing and drifted to somewhere else, like they were the only ones there dancing together. They were so much into character that they didn't realize when I was getting different angles, from the kitchen, behind the desk, closeups of hands, etc. I never asked them to do this, but it really helped the character development of an in-love couple.

Here I have some Behind scenes while filming with them. 


(some dancing shots, my mom took these)


(my dog being an attention seeker) 


(basically having fun) 

<33


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 Project components   Here is teh following is link toThank every component of our project, short film, print component, and a link for a so...