Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Learning new editing tricks

 Prior to starting this project, I had experience using adobe premiere, the editing app I wanted to use for the project. Though since when I learned how to utilize the app, adobe premier has gone through various updates that changed some aspects of the app but still left the basics. 

During spring break my partner edited the different clips together through iMovie, however, I couldn't really help, given that the app isn't friendly for a group project. Nevertheless, she was able to complete the editing successfully, and apparently, it didn't take a long time. 

When she showed me the finished project, I felt like we could add more, like an effect to make it obvious that Pablo is imagining his wife, dancing with him. That's when the idea struck me to add some blurriness and color filters to make the part of the scene where the dancing happens dreamy and unreal. 

I soon realized that I didn't know how to do what I wanted, so instead of giving up on my idea, I searched on YouTube for a tutorial. While looking for a video I was concerned that the creator might go too fast, but I was able to find one that was easy to follow and short. (the one below)


Though after I added the blurred corners to the opening it still felt as if it was missing something. I originally wanted either a blue or yellow tint to the dancing scene of the video to make it seem more dreamy. I wasn't sure how to do this in adobe premier though so I quickly searched on YouTube for another tutorial. (the one under) 


Adding all this effect made me finally feel as if the editing portion of the video is done, all missing now is the credits which are easily added into the video. 

I know it's hard to see, but here is a screenshot of the editing process of the effects that I was able to add to the video. Though you can see the layers of the various effects and the arrows pointing at the blurred corners (which the screenshot didn't really pick up)

I am actually proud of myself I was able to quickly learn a new skill in the premiere. I am usually the type of person who has to re-watch the tutorial or re-read the instructions multiple times because I am wasn't able to understand. Though this time I rapidly picked up the steps and set up the effect in less than 20 min. 


<33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 Project components   Here is teh following is link toThank every component of our project, short film, print component, and a link for a so...