Monday, March 21, 2022

Finding a ring

 Though filming Tuesday was very chill and fun I actually came across a big problem, my dad didn't have a wedding ring. For the husband, its important didn't for him to have a wedding ring, so it shows that he still loves his wife, even though he is the reason she is dead. It was an important small detail that had to be in the costume design.  

You may be wondering, "why didn't my dad have his wedding ring", well his original one got stolen a few years ago in Venezuela,  while he was driving. When we moved to the United States he got a temporary replacement, which after a while became uncomfortable and tight around his finger, so he hasn't been wearing one recently. Actually, my parents plan to get him a new ring in their 20 anniversary which is coming up in a few months. 

Alright, so we searched around the house finding a ring that could fit his fingers because he has pretty thick fingers. I even tried my rings, but the biggest one I have is a size 8 (I think) and he is a size 9, which wouldn't fit his fingers. We were doomed, with no ring the story changes. 

But suddenly I get an idea to use one of the balloons left from my brother's 12 birthday party. Which was a big gold helium 12, the perfect color for a ring. So I got my victim and found some scissors and cut the top of the 1. 

(here is the dead balloon) 
After killing the balloon I cut off a small line and rolled it up into a tube, which would make it be all gold. Then my dad got some tape and put it around my dad's finger. 



 

Here is how the final products looked, we added some tape around the piece of balloon and taped it to his finger. It actually looked believable while I was filming, though in real life you could tell that he had a piece of plastic taped to his finger. Nevertheless, the balloon ring worked as a replacement.  

 
It was just very fun to find everything, loved the whole creative process <33




No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 Project components   Here is teh following is link toThank every component of our project, short film, print component, and a link for a so...