Sunday, March 13, 2022

We finish Script!!!

 Hey guys, My and partner have finally finished the script for the film opening. It didn't make us really a lot of time to finish because we were certain of what we wanted to express through the words of the actors. We also wanted to make sure that the script reveals the personality of the different characters. Lastly, we also wanted to incorporate Spanish into the script to show more representation of bilingual families. Below is the script we have done-

Script 

3-5 rings

Pablo answers the phone slowly 

Pablo: Hello? 

Mateo:(sad) Hola pa, how are you 

Pablo: Ah hola, *sigh* I'm doing  Alright, y tu mijo? 

Mateo: I'm not doing too well dad…since mom’s death I have been feeling like myself. I need to go see you pa, you shouldn't be alone right now either way. Im goin-  

Pablo: Don't worry about me, I’m fine 

Mateo: Dad you really aren't… I mean ever since mom passed you’ve been… Distant 

Pablo: ¿por qué crees eso? 

Mateo: You know pa, you’ve been ignoring my calls, not texting Abuela, even Ms.Sanchez told me you haven't left the house since wha- 

Pablo: MATEo! Seriously I’m fine 

Mateo: I don't believe that dad, I’m coming down into town next week. I hope you'll want to see me 

*Hangs up*  

Cuts to title 

End of opening


This script is for a phone that will happen around the 1 minute mark in my opening to introduce the next step in the story. We felt that without the phone call the opening would be lacking a purpose, become boring after a minute, and feel as if its lacking information to fit into a Film. 


When me and my partner were starting the script we wanted to make sure to incorporate both languages (Spanish and English) in the phone call. We wanted to tell the audience that the characters are from Latin-American without directly telling them. Additionally doing this adds representation of bilingual families and their way of communicating. Something that was a recruitment to the actors that we choose is that they will need a strong Spanish background to make sure no words sounds weird, or have the wrong pronunciation during the conversation. 

<33


No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 Project components   Here is teh following is link toThank every component of our project, short film, print component, and a link for a so...