Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Group support meeting

 Group meeting  

Hey guys, Today we had a group meeting in Aice Media class to discuss our projects. In my group, there was Clara, Valentina, Jack S, Erin, and Claudio. All their projects sounded super interesting, and I'm super excited to check them out when we are all finished with the project. 

Before the group discussion, we had a class lesson about social media, and how to utilize it for the digital marketing part of this project. Honestly, I am really interested in this part because I want to go into marketing, mainly for movies and tv shows, so it's an opportunity to get a taste of this industry. My group and I decided to open a Tik Tok and Instagram for this short film, which is perfect for our target audience. I'll go into further depth about this in a later post. :D

 

In the group meeting, I introduced to everyone what our short film would be about, and everyone seemed interested in the concept of the short film. After explaining everything, the one issue that I brought up to the group is keeping a color scheme while filming the gym scene. In a gymnastics gym, many of the colors are bright, like red, green, and blue mats and bright-colored walls or/and carpets. The gym also usually has harsh white lighting. All these are factors we can't change which would affect the color theme of the movie overall. 
 
(picture of the gym) 
For the film, I want to have a gloomy color scheme as the main character grows up in the gym. Visually showing her emotions towards gymnastics through colors. However, if the gym is full of bright, intense colors it would be difficult to do this.  

I presented this problem to my group and they suggest to alter the saturation of the clips during the gym scenes, and also the ending scenes. This way we can easily show her emotions through the colors on the screen, even if we don't have full control of the mis-en-scene. I will definitely take their suggestion given that it's even easier than altering the design of the gym. Overall, this group meeting was very helpful, and will be making sure to include everything they suggested
<33  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project components

 Project components   Here is teh following is link toThank every component of our project, short film, print component, and a link for a so...